Pure water under high pressure focussed to a fine jet is a clean source of energy in water jet technology. A high pressure pump pressurizes a water jet to over 3000 bars through a small sapphire nozzle. The water jet exits the nozzle at a speed exceeding three times the speed of sound, and as a result it has tremendous cutting power.
The advantages of this process are:
- high precision cutting of many materials with a single tool - the water jet
- no high temperatures acting on the material
- Wear-free, always sharp tools
- high precision levels
- very high cut surface quality
- direct CAD data takeover, etc.
- rapid geometry changes
- tool radius as to nozzle size of 0.06 mm to 0.14 mm
- quick delivery of prototypes, samples and pre-production runs
- wide range of applications, from thick cellular materials to filigree precision parts
- optimum material use - productivity optimisation using parallel cutting
In the size range of 4000 mm long and 3000 mm wide, we can practically cut all materials. Depending on the material strength, we can cut thicknesses of up to 200 mm. For borderline cases, we gladly perform trials. All 2D contours and on through to complex geometries with filigree grids are possible.
Another advantage of water jet technology is that cutting of thick materials is deformation free. Even with very soft cellular materials parallel cuts are assured.